This is a pretty classic drink that prescribes pretty well to the definition of cocktail from over a hundred years ago. It uses Peychauds bitters, which are a New Orleans staple and the essential cocktail bitter in a Sazerac. Combined with the orange juice and whiskey, Peychauds makes this a cool-looking golden drink that’s pretty old school in it’s flavor profile.
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- 1 1/2 oz whiskey of your choice (I recommend bourbon or scotch)
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- fresh-squeezed juice of 1 orange (about 2 oz)
- shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- garnish with an orange slice
Pingback: T.G.I.F. Sips With Bittersweet Cocktails | Recipe | stupidDOPE.com