Prairie Spirits distills gin, vodka, and cucumber vodka. Their motto “made with respect,” explains their organic farming and distilling policies, and unusually, their liquor doesn’t cost a fortune in the light of these higher standards (a bottle will only run you $20).
Prairie’s Cucumber Vodka is a touch sweet, and like I found with Cathead Honeysuckle, it’s a pleasant, natural, subtle flavor that’s very easily enjoyed on the rocks. Here’s a really refreshing simple cocktail you can make with cucumber vodka, (if you’re not able to find Prairie, just infuse your own).
Green Garden (by Greg Mays)
- with 15 mint leaves in a mixing glass, add:
- 1/2 oz of melon liqueur
- 2 oz of Prairie Cucumber Vodka
- muddle mint in the liquid well
- add ice and stir until very cold
- double-strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- garnish with a mint leaf