Cathead Vodka out of Mississippi has released 2 seasonal flavored vodkas to go along with their year-round vodka and honeysuckle vodka. While flavored vodkas often border on insanity, Cathead Pumpkin Spice and Cathead Pecan are a bit more calm and noble.
Cathead on it’s own is a very good vodka, so these flavors have a quality backbone to build on. Of these two, pecan is more subtle and natural-tasting – the pumpkin spice variety makes a great cocktail, but on its own, the flavor is a little overwhelming and maybe a little imitation.
Here are two great cocktails to use your Cathead seasonals in:
Fall On Me (by Greg Mays)
- 1 1/2 oz Cathead Pumpkin Spice
- 1 1/2 oz Art in the Age Snap
- 1 oz cream
- shake on ice and pour into a chilled cocktail glass
- garnish with nutmeg
Summer’s Gone Soda (by Greg Mays)
- 2 oz Cathead Pecan
- 1 oz caramel liqueur (like Lovoka or Godiva)
- serve on the rocks and top with club soda
- garnish with a cherry